Friday 1 January 2010

New Year's resolutions


-I am sure most of you started the year with the best of intentions and a great list of New Year's Resolutions.
-According to the wikipedia: "A New Year's resolution is a commitment that an individual makes to a project or the reforming of a habit, often a lifestyle change that is generally interpreted as advantageous. The name comes from the fact that these commitments normally go into effect on New Year's Day and remain until fulfilled or abandoned."
-Most of the New Year's Resolutions deal with these topics: lose weight , get organized, save money, improve grades, get a better job, get fit, eat right, drink less alcohol , quit smoking, reduce stress , take a trip, volunteer to help others, etc.
-Have a look at this document and you will find nice tips in order to write your New Year's Resolutions.
Please, after careful thinking, write on the comment sections your New Year's Resolutions.... ok, I will go first.

In order to get some ideas, have a look at this video

7 comments:

Rosa said...

Hi there class
I have already chosen my New Year's Resolutions.
I will reduce stress. I know it sounds easier than it is done but that is my main goal. Now, how can I do so?
1)I will enroll on a gym and go twice a week to do pilates (exercise)
2)I will try not to take work home (have more spare time)
3)I will start cooking with a robot machine that I boght last year and have not yet used (healthy diet)

What about you????

Rosa

Anonymous said...

1)I am going more happy, but... How am I going to do it?

a) I will work less.
b) I will spend more time with my family and friends.

2) I am going to get a really good job. How can I do it?

a)I will be more positive.
b)I will win a prize for example the football pools and I will be millionaire. This will be my job!

Gloria Cobano 3º C

Teresa said...

My New Year's Resolutions
• I will do exercise in a gym twice a week
• I will study a lot of
• I will drink less coffee
• I will spend more time with my family and friends.

Teresa Fernández 3ºC

PAQUI said...

Hi everybody
These are my New Year´s Resolutions.
I have to lose weight.
1.I´m going to the gym and I´ll keep on going.
2.I must eat healthier and less amount of food.
I have to relax about my son´s problems.
1.I´m going to think that he is 18 years old.
2.I hope that someday he´ll think about his future.
Finally I´m a very nervous person.
1.Try not being such a responsible person.
2.Enjoy without thinking about responsabilities.

Julio said...

My New Year´s Resolution:

1)Continue going to the gym

2)Pass my English exam

3)Continue working(not get unemployed)

4)Control my bad habits

5)Be more organized

Julio 3ºC

Unknown said...

Hi everyone. These are my New Year´s Resolutions.
1- I will improve my padel:
1.1- I´ll make a course
2- I´ll travel more:
2.1- I will save more money
2.2- I will look for offers
to travel cheaper
3- I will improve my English:
3-1 -I will do all my homework
3.2 - I´ll read the reading
book.
3-3- I will study more

quino 3º c said...

Hi to everyone.
I have never done a list of New Year resolutions, but I want to improve my English, this is one of them, so here is it.
Coming back to do meditation
My son is becoming an adolescent, I will have to treat him in a diferent way.
Revising my las year diary and think about its contents for this year.
I will work in my new house as "the man who planted trees" did.
Many others things would go on the list, I´ll see.
Quino 3ºC